MGR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 3 (Enterprise CoE) (Newport News, Virginia, United States)
The Center of Excellence Manager will report to the Director, Enterprise Technology Services. This is a new position that will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the development of the HII Center of Excellence program and drive performance to ensure that HII achieves defined Strategic Objectives. Work is to be performed under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Responsibilities include:
- Define and develop standards and best practices for critical practices across HII. This includes developing and documenting templates, blue prints, repeatable processes and methodologies for all significant work efforts.
- Identify all usable assets that exist within the organization and the CoE itself including human assets, relationships, code, and artifacts.
- Develop the ability to track, measure, and report on the performance of each team’s initiatives across all areas of its efforts, as well as capture specific metrics within the organization itself.
- Be aware of all significant work efforts in which the organization is currently involved, or which it has an interest in pursuing.
Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline (or the equivalent in education, training and experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of applicable, progressive professional and/or supervisory work experience; Master's degree and 6 years relevant experience.
This position is for Internal HII Candidates only
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a technology services department or leading technology projects
- Experience of working with customers and suppliers in a service oriented role
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders
- Effective communication skills at all levels, including oral, written, presentation and briefing others
- Self-motivated and committed to on-going personal development
- Experience of working as part of a team, delivering solutions on time, and overcoming obstacles
Req ID: 12632
Department: N352 CYBERSECURITY & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Entity: HII SERVICES CORP (0520)
Travel Required: Yes, 10%-25% of the time
Relocation: Relocation assistance will be available
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Virtual/Telework Opportunity: Yes-May Consider Occasional/Part-time Teleworking for this position
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to Start
Who We Are - About HII
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
As a condition of employment with Huntington Ingalls Industries, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or fit within an exemption under the law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.