Overall Job Objective:
The Group Controller is a transformational leader that has experience in and able to lead a large global public company controllership function. The Group Controller is primarily responsible for the oversight of consolidations and external financial reporting as well as various accounting activities that are related to complex corporate transactions.
This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and works closely with leadership across the business operations as well as various other functions of the company, including Treasury/Tax, Investor Relations, Legal, Human Resources and Acquisitions teams.
As one of the top technical accounting experts in the Company, the Group Controller has a solid mastery of US GAAP, SEC reporting and internal controls. This role has exposure to executive management and opportunity to work on challenging, strategic corporate initiatives and transactions.
The ideal candidate for the Group Controller is an energetic and highly motivated individual who takes an optimistic approach to new challenges and embraces the Company's strategic vision; a person that thrives when working in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative team environment to effectively lead and drive organizational change.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting implications and positions in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations regarding complex or non-standard transactions; provide consultation support within the organization regarding same as needed, primarily focusing on the following
- Revenue recognition
- Lease accounting
- Business combinations and related capital markets transactions as needed
- Tangible and intangible asset impairment assessment
- Research and evaluate impact of new and newly applicable accounting pronouncements and guidance; incorporate/modify financial reporting and disclosure requirements arising from new pronouncements
- Preparation and presentation of various accounting and reporting topics to senior management, as well as Audit Committee and Board of Directors as required
- Update accounting policies and develop new policies to ensure consistency and compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations; provide guidance and training to others within the organization as needed
- General knowledge and oversight over appropriate accounting and reporting under IFRS
- Support oversight of the monthly close process; prepare and/or review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany eliminations and other analysis in support of the Company's closing processes, primarily focused on the following
- Equity-based compensation
- Derivatives and hedging
- Intercompany eliminations
- Ownership and management of the external financial reporting and disclosure process to ensure compliance with SEC regulations (including XBRL information) and US GAAP; contribution to various portions of investor presentations or other external communications as needed
- Act as a liaison and manage interactions with the Company's internal and external auditors in support of their required procedures
- Own and direct effective and efficient processes in support of required internal controls over financial reporting (SOX)
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to process, controls and systems in support of financial reporting and the broader finance organization; collaborate with other stakeholders in the Company to partner and execute on other finance related projects and initiatives as needed
- Manage resources, including performance evaluations and development plans for business continuity and growth
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- MBA preferred
- Active Certified Public Accountant license required
- Minimum of 15+ years of accounting and controllership experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience in transforming organizations through expanding duties of the team, implementing automation, as well as improving overall processes for efficiency
- Ability to travel domestically as needed (approximately 5 - 10%)
The following characteristics are a plus:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.