Principal Telecom Analyst (VTC) - Active TS/SCI required
Responsible for implementing, integrating, testing and making operational the control and distribution systems for all AV/VTC systems supporting the customer. In-depth knowledge and experience with engineering conference rooms, Webcasting, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and Streaming Video systems. Assist customers, and Key Stakeholders with cutting over AV/VTC systems. Assist system programmers with AV/VTC integration and testing to ensure the control system hardware and software (source code) meets the performance metrics. Provide project closeout to include as-built drawings and technical acceptance reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience using VTC codecs, audio mixers, control systems, AV automation, wiring, amplifiers, microphones, projection systems, video cameras, and other A/V peripheral equipment
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on systems engineering procedures
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Able to effectively conduct and interpret tests, and troubleshoot solutions of moderately complex operational problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand AV/VTC systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Must have a Top Secret-SCI security clearance or be SCI eligible
- Lift over 35 LBS
The work is performed in an office setting. Occasional and intermittent travel for official purposes is required.
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
ITIL v3 Certification preferred
DoDI 8570.01m Certification Required
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.