Univision Communications is the premier Spanish language media company in the United States and is currently seeking a Technical Director for our live newscasts and other station productions. This individual will be responsible for performing the Director and Technical Director functions with Production Video Switchers and/or manual “punch and call.“ As the technical leader, the Director will coordinate all aspects of the live daily newscasts alongside the News editorial staff and will develop and implement the best tools and practices to showcase the product.
- Technical directing of daily newscasts 6pm and 11pm, live updates, and special recordings of segments and franchises.
- Responsible for editing stories and packages for daily live newscasts working with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro.
- Responsible of creating graphics in Photoshop for preparation in character generator software VizRT.
- Work with iNews daily for preparation of newscasts.
- Works with news anchor and producer to execute creative flow of broadcasts.
- Track all recorded feeds and track tape archival system.
- Supervise technical newscast crew to ensure efficiency in all areas.
- Assist with the constant revamping of studio shots and looks, including audio and lights set up for all on air entities.
- Availability to work on special projects and on all technical positions on the field.
- Able to work at fast pace and under tight deadlines, under news director guidance.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be able to lift, set up, operate, and take down production equipment.
- Must know how to use field and studio cameras.
- Knowledge of newsroom operations and technical requirements to have show on-air, cue terms and signals.
- Ability to cut the in-house videos prior to pre-show directing duties.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond quickly to changes and handle simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to make solid news judgments
- Schedule must be extremely flexible; available for any last-minute assignments and able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Knowledge of all aspects of ENG/SNG
- Knowledge of Inews
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
Desired Skills & Experience
- AA/BA/BS in Television Arts/Sciences desired, will consider work experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of general FCC rules and regulations highly desired
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Process & detail oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Technical aptitude and always willing to learn
- Adaptable to change in technology and environment
- Self-starter that can operate under minimal supervision
- Must be bilingual – English/Spanish
- Must be willing to work from office in Newfield, NJ
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.