Location: USA, Newburyport MA
Function: Procurement & Logistics
This non-exempt position has progressive responsibility for supporting the Production Department through direct responsibility within the scope of Materials Handling, Staging, and Transportation. In this role, he/she has designated responsibilities based on proven experience and designated work assignments. He/she has basic responsibilities to fulfill assigned demands as set forth by the Operations Manager and or their appointed leader/supervisor. He/she is responsible for handling, positioning, and movement of raw materials, semi-finished, and finished product.
Principal Accountabilities/Main functions
- Uphold and follow company safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures.
- Inform leadership/management about all incidents, accidents, and near misses within 24 hours after the incident occurs.
- Separate, clearly mark, and communicate defective material or material that is not properly labeled, identifiable, or does not fulfill other quality requirements.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of warehouse equipment, warehouse(s), and inbound/outbound areas within associated facilities.
- Work in a group concept; self-motivated; and able and willing to work cross-functionally.
- Take the initiative, respond immediately to problems, and take a proactive approach.
- Be honest, reliable, embrace diversity, be transparent, be team oriented.
- Be accountable for your actions, be positive, and recognize the impact of your behavior.
- Know and follow all laws, rules, and policies that apply to one's job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in compliance programs and or related activities as denoted by supervisor or manager.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Act as the main contact person for shift supervisors and production manager.
- Proven ability to train new and experienced employees.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive and team-oriented work environment across shifts and departments.
- Drive and maintain 5S and continuous improvement within their area of responsibility.
- Proven ability to act as a trusted point of contact for employees when shift supervisor is absent for questions regarding safety, quality, teamwork, and productivity.
- Ability to establish a close working relationship with production supervisors and other departments.
- Willingness to participate in targeted training and development opportunities (which may include regional and or overseas travel for a limited period [1-4 weeks]).
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and present challenges to leadership.
- Work in a fast-paced warehousing and or manufacturing environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Complete reports and correspondence.
- Read and understand work orders to determine job staging requirements.
- Identify issues and take actions to resolve.
- When in doubt of mechanical, quality or safety, stop and ask leadership for assistance.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift; push and pull up to 420 lbs with mechanical assistance; reach overhead with hands and arms; bend, kneel, crouch, and climb throughout the shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work 40+ hours per week and stand 8 hours per shift; required to sit, balance, crouch, kneel and climb stairs; lift and carry up to 50 lbs; reach below waist level and overhead with arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Travel is primarily within a 5-mile radius of the plant; occasional travel may be required within a 60-mile radius from the main facility.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Possession of a current valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- Basic math skills and ability to use calculator and measuring tools.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate, as well as perform basic math and basic computer knowledge.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum 6 months sustained employment in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified or ability to become certified in operation of fork truck.
- Experience working with computers in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with 5S Safety requirements.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.