Senior Manager, Document Management
Join FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies in our new facility location - Thousand Oaks, California! The Senior Manager, Document Management will report directly to the Director, Quality Management Systems and Compliance at the FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies California (FDBC) location. The job holder will be responsible for management of the Document Management process and team. They will maintain and implement policies and procedures regarding document creation, revision, and obsoletion.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join our new FDB facility in Thousand Oaks, CA and help manufacture the next cell therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
The Senior Manager, Document Management supports the Cellular Therapy GMP quality program. This individual executes activities in support of the document management program including electronic system ownership for the site, development and maintenance of policies, standards, and SOPs and supporting audits and inspections.
Reports to Director, Quality Management Systems and Compliance
Work Location Thousand Oaks, CA
Travel May be required (Up to 25%)
- Manage the Document Management process and team.
- Responsible for training of Document Management team members.
- Maintain and implement as appropriate, policies and procedures regarding document creation, revision, and obsoletion; document storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction.
- Evaluates existing content and document management process and procedures to determine current effectiveness and efficiency; identifies, presents to leadership, and implements recommended improvements. standards and procedures for Document Management.
- Act as Business Owner of the electronic Document Management System for the site, including implementation, maintenance, and issue support and resolution as necessary.
- Supports Quality management contact with the FDA, EMA and other regulatory authorities worldwide as well as partners regarding quality issues including field alerts, recalls or regulatory actions.
- Supports GMP inspections and audits from both regulatory authorities and partners and supports drafting of follow-up responses for all aspects of the business.
- Supports other GXP functions as required.
- BS/BA preferred with 5+ years of experience in pre-pivotal, pivotal and GMP commercial drug quality operations, including 2 years of experience in Document Management, OR
- High School diploma with 8+ years of experience in pre-pivotal, pivotal and GMP commercial drug quality operations, including 4 years of experience in Document Management.
- Solid understanding of quality management systems and continuous process improvement principles including global cGMP requirements, and other relevant regulations and guidance to assure quality products.
- Expertise in the cGMP requirements pertaining to sterile drug product manufacturing operations in the United States and globally in support of global clinical and commercial production activities.
- Experience with system implementation (Veeva) a plus.
- Experience with commercial facility pre-approval inspection (PAI) and PAI readiness planning a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting, acting as a facilitator to drive fulfillment of strategic goals.
- Background in continuous improvement and implementation of quality metrics.
- Certification/training in applicable quality management disciplines preferred.
- Strong scientific/technical skills.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to present clearly using scientific and clinical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in diverse and different settings.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Possesses sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
- Project management skills and focus on delivery of results.
- Role model for company core values of trust, delighting our customers, Gemba, and Genki.
Join us! FDB is advancing tomorrow’s medicine, impassioning employees to chase the impossible and continually expand their potential. We are a company of emboldened goal seekers – driven by an innate desire to better ourselves, our families, our workplace, our company, our community and the world at large.
FDBC is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.