As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Newbury Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.55 - 59.48 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The position will conduct root cause investigations, close deviations, support assignment of proper corrective actions, and facilitate implementation for Manufacturing under the direction of Compliance Management.
Perform calculation, data collection in support of QC lab site, global CI initiatives, and management reviews. Participate in the development and technical writing of documentation for the validation of equipment and required to support testing of the Los Angeles Manufacturing Facility. Lead and/or drive completion of Lean or Six Sigma improvement projects and responsible milestones, as assigned. May function as a backup Supervisor. Ensure that the daily operations of assigned functional area are met through scheduling, troubleshooting and coaching.
- Support and/or lead continuous improvement projects such as Yellow Belt, Green Belt, 5S, Kaizen, Just-do-it's, VIPs using Lean/DMAIC concepts and philosophy.
- Assist Compliance Supervisor in leading daily operations to ensure coordination and efficiency.
- Participate in the generation of test plans, protocols, and reporting documentation for the validation of equipment supporting testing of the LA Facility.
- Perform review of test data with application of GDP.
- Use Global LIMS or other computerized systems for entering, approving, and trending test results.
- May be required to conduct investigations and/or audits into Alert/OOL excursions.
- Actively contribute to a team setting at the Los Angeles Manufacturing Facility and potentially with other work teams to increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings, improve quality, and provide new product support, as needed.
- Provide training and work direction for assigned functional areas.
- Investigate deviations and write exception documents as required, utilizing problem-solving tools as needed.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR, and cGMP regulations.
- May be required to generate, execute, and/or summarize studies and/or review/revise of SOPs. Complete and/or direct completion of special project/protocol testing in a timely manner.
- Assist Compliance Supervisor in updating department metrics and report shift activities, as assigned.
- Ensure personal training requirements are met and that training records are current.
- May perform disposal of hazardous waste.
- Write and manage deviations (CAPA investigations, UIs, ICARs, OOXs, containment and/or corrective actions) under the direction of Compliance Management.
- Lead and/or facilitate problem solving events. Lead the investigation closure of manufacturing compliance related documents. Using quality and statistical tools to identify and implement proper corrective and preventative actions to manufacturing non-compliance.
- Represent the departments during the product release process, compliance, and Continuous Improvement projects and audits.
- Participate in deviation related meetings and provide feedback, leadership, and support to manufacturing supervisors, trainers and manufacturing technicians on the status of compliance of the department.
- Conduct mediations to ensure timely release of product for customers. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Emphasize training programs designed to enable staff to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Identify and implement process improvement and Value Improvement Projects (VIP) to drive success in the areas of compliance, throughput, workplace safety, cost effectiveness, and product lead time.
- Participate in regulatory and non-regulatory audits.
- Engineering/Scientific BS.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Trackwise (Strongly Preferred)
- MS Office Suite Required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to plan and suggest resolutions to technical problems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of assays/equipment in functional area.
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, and responsible.
- Capable of applying some decisions-making to problem-solve technical, compliance, or operational problems, as assigned.
- Effective interpersonal communication. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can demonstrate the ability to guide people, encourage teamwork, and teach.
- Working knowledge of applicable CTP/SOPs, EHS requirements, and application of cGMP/GDPs.
- Good project management skills a plus.
- Must be able to learn new computer systems and programs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and influence with personnel of all levels and participate effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data.
- Experienced understanding of cGMP and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/bio-tech industry.
- Lead investigation and provide comprehensive investigation write up and/or presentations
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems
- Good computer skills and working experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs and push up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments and cool/hot storage conditions requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- 20/20 near vision required (corrected vision is acceptable)
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, and alkalines that requires protective equipment
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area. Inside and Outdoor working conditions.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
skills: Project Management, SOP, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.