Resort Content Specialist (Newbury, NH, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The primary responsibility of the Content Specialist for Sunapee Mountain Resort and Crotched Mountain Resort is to capture and share timely photo and video content assets from the resort experience during the season, to leverage across Vail Resorts’ various marketing channels and platforms.
As part of the Resort field-based Communications team, they will assist in capturing, producing and sharing the creative and content elements needed to promote the resorts from a PR perspective.
The Content Specialist will assist in helping promote and build the resorts’ brands and be involved in the content and creative aspects of making it come to life, while ensuring the content follows the resorts’ clearly defined brand guidelines.
This position must be an agile contributor that is able to capture, document and share creative and content elements for various types of channels and mediums. S/he will be called upon to not only capture content, but assist in its production, posting and/or distribution on the resorts’ official platforms, which may include social media, website, PR distribution channels, and more.
S/he will have will have their hands in many different types of on-the-ground PR projects and be responsible for delivering results on-time in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial for this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in content creation, storytelling through social and other online media and some creative design. The position will assist in both personally creating as well as helping facilitate larger third party brand shoots, as well as amalgamate content and creative from guest User-Generated Content to produce various content assets needed to make the brands come to life in various other executions.
- Starting Wage: $15 / hour
- “Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20 per hour.”
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Part Time Seasonal
- Skill Level: Entry, Intermediate
- Assist with creation of multimedia content development for website, blog, CRM, social media and other platforms
- Utilize strong storytelling skills to bring the resort brands to life across platforms and mediums.
- Assist with monitoring resort social channels and engaging with guests as needed to answer questions and provide information.
- Assist with creation of creative assets for digital, video, CRM and offline advertising campaigns
- Assist with management of resort digital platforms and channels
- Assist with larger-scale resort brand photo and video shoots
- Independently capture, shoot, edit and publish multimedia content under tight deadlines
- Work closely with the resort marketing and communications team to create messaging that is in-line with the resort brands
- Assist with various PR-related storytelling content needs as required
- Maintain a content production calendar, with an organized schedule of cadenced messaging needs
- Other miscellaneous Marketing and PR duties as assigned, including but not limited to: web content, creation of articles and listicles, content coverage of resort events/attractions/conditions, CRM content contribution, and working with various vendors, agencies and contractors in the resort’s content creation network to amalgamate, edit and distribute various types of creative and content assets
- Strong storytelling and copywriting skills. required
- An eye for visual design, with ability to work independently to capture photo and video assets. Required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. required
- Comfortable shooting, editing, and publishing video content including proficiency with GoPro cameras and phone apps. Required
- Must be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or above. required
- Must be organized and thrive under tight deadlines. required
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule to capture content at certain times (i.e. prior to resort openings, following major snowfall, during events, etc) Required
- Must be familiar with leveraging and engaging with guests in a brand voice via social media platforms and channels. required
- Must speak, read and communicate fluently in English. required
The budgeted range starts at $15 - $28.41. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 457131