MEDICAL LAB TECH - BOSTON IVF Part-time As Needed
The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a per diem Medical Lab Tech to join our team of professionals in our Boston IVF department. This position is per diem, schedule will vary throughout the week. A weekend and holiday rotation will be required.
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR MEDICAL LAB TECH CANDIDATES?
- Minimum educational and experience requirements are an Associate’s Degree in Chemical, Physical, Biological Science or Medical Laboratory Technology
- Registered as MLT by ASCP or AAB
- One year laboratory experience
- New grads will be considered
WHAT ARE THE MEDICAL LAB TECH RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Per Diem Medical Lab Tech will be responsible for following laboratory procedures for specimen collection, processing, test performance, and for reporting and maintaining records of patient results. Phlebotomy skills are required.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of laboratory procedures and instrumentation by passing all competency requirements.
- Follows BIVF at TWH policies for patient and sample identification including chain of custody for all laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrates instrument care, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Communicates effectively and consistently quality control results, patient results, and technical information.
- Follows recommended specimen storage requirements and all reagent manufacturer recommendations and records reagent expiration dates appropriately.
- Attends all required safety training programs and maintains safety policy compliance.
- Follows appropriate infection prevention practices and biohazard exposure plan.
- Has complete understanding in the use of practice specific EMR (eIVF) for proper patient documentation and treatment coordination