Embark is a San Francisco/ SoCal based team building self-driving semi trucks. We believe this technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives, cutting delivery times in half, and decreasing costs by 30%.
We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Our operations team is responsible for the day-to-day running of our fleet of autonomous trucks. The operations project manager will work directly with our COO tackling a wide range of high impact and mission critical projects.
A few projects you could work on:
- Work with engineering to design tools to ensure safe operation of the truck
- Creating a safety plan for our safety drivers and operators
- Work with our platform team to help reduce vehicle downtime and increase miles being tested on the road
- Locating and securing new truck yards
- Negotiating equipment financing terms
- Engage contractors and obtain bids for projects like a new office renovation or building out a newly acquired truck yard
- Help manage and support the day to day operations of the driver team
- Support recruiting efforts to grow the driver team
Your experience might include:
- 3+ years of experience combining business and operations (consulting, banking, startup, transportation, etc.)
- A history of working on hard problems you see from start to finish and ownership over whole project areas
- Self-driven individual with the ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
When you apply, please address the application to Fabi.
A few company highlights:
30 Million Dollar Series B led by Sequoia
Announcing the longest automated Freight Route in the World
Alex (CEO) talking at Disrupt
Our truck driving for 2 hours in traffic with no takeovers