Embark is a San Francisco/ SoCal based team building self-driving semi trucks. We believe this technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives, cutting delivery times in half, and decreasing costs by 30%.
We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking to bring on an Operations Manager to lead a fast growing team of Safety Drivers and Vehicle Operators based out of Fontana, Ca. This is a high impact role, you will play a big part in shaping how the operations team scales.
- Manage the day to day safe operations of a team of vehicle operators and safety drivers
- Develop tools and processes to ensure trucks are being tested safely and efficiently
- Keep team of truck operators motivated and aligned with company objectives
- Support recruiting efforts in hiring new team members
- Work closely with the engineering team to effectively serve their testing needs
- 5 years of operations management, ideally at a fast-growing company
- Strong leadership skills and experience recruiting and developing world-class talent
- Experience successfully managing a team of 30+ employees
- A track record of successful process development
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- A passion for the logistics, transportation, or mobility spaces
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it! 🚚🤖
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Fabi and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
30 Million Dollar Series B led by Sequoia
Announcing the longest automated Freight Route in the World
Alex (CEO) talking with Sequoia
Our truck driving for 2 hours in traffic with no takeovers