C & L Inspection was built on a mission to be the most trusted US Services Company delivering top-notch performance with uncompromising integrity. This way of thinking has set us above the competition. We are looking for knowledgeable, safety minded people to join our team as we grow.
We are currently accepting resumes for Documentation Inspector/Handler for those that meet the following requirements:
The Document Inspector / Handler is responsible for reviewing all facility records documents
for assigned projects through field site visits and via the Company’s document repository. The
Document Inspector / Handler also assists with specification revisions to ensure compliance
with Company and DOT 192 regulations.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years prior experience including a minimum of three (3) years of field construction experience is required. Should have a fundamental understanding of quality management principles as well as project management principles.
- Knowledge of DOT related document control systems, quality control processes and record retention policies.
The general duties of the Document Inspector / Handler are as follows:
- Establishes, coordinates and monitors the construction projects QA/QC program.
- Works closely with Construction Management team to plan, schedule, and implement QA related activities.
- Ensures administrative tools (handbooks, guides, manuals etc.) utilized during construction are current and provides training for the tool users.
- Manages documentation for compliance with regulatory, company, and business requirements.
- Ensures new document & records management and retention standards/policies are strictly enforced.
- Monitors and maintains Companies’ document repository log per their assigned projects.
- Prepare statistical data reports from company’s document repository to assist Construction Management team in any areas of concern.
- Communicates with Company QA/QC team in maintaining QA/QC procedures.
- Assists projects to ensure inspection tools are calibrated and appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Assists in preparing and tracking all DOT documents necessary for audits.
- Conducts field documentation audits on construction records.
- Conducts field product audits · Provides summary reports of field and product audit results
The Document Inspector / Handler should have the follow attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to motivate others, deal with ambiguous information, and use initiative to overcome issues.
- Ability to task prioritize and problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively to audiences of diverse size and background.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/responsibilities, is well organized and results driven.
- Ability to Influence others.
- Fundamental understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Ability to conduct problem solving through interpretation of governing regulations.
- Knowledge of company specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of Governing Regulations (API 1104 20TH Edition, Pipeline Safety Regulations 192. Etc., or most current edition).
- Ability to travel as needed.
C & L Inspection offers a full slate of Inspection, Construction Management and Engineering personnel to the Petroleum, Natural Gas and Telecom Industries. We surpass others in the industry by providing the newest technology, training and support that is unequaled. Working together with our inspectors and clients, our team strives to set a new bar for the Pipeline & Utilities Inspection industry.