Inpatient Case Management
Provision of social work services primarily to inpatient, observation and emergency department patients. Social work services include psychosocial and needs assessments, crisis intervention, financial counseling, discharge planning, and the provision of material resources and linkage to community agencies. It also includes referrals and inpatient hospitalization for those patients with psychosocial issues. Social work services are provided to patients and their families to meet their social and emotional needs as they relate to the patient's medical condition and treatment, as well as to their recovery/rehabilitation and transition to another care setting. These services are provided to the complete continuum of patients from newborn to geriatric patients.
- Primary focus on discharge planning, including needs assessment, plan development, and the implementation of the discharge plan. The implementation of the discharge plan may include arrangements for a wide variety of services including home health care, durable medical equipment, skilled nursing facility placement, home infusion services, and long-term care placement.
- Respond to concerns of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of children or the elderly including reporting to the appropriate and mandated agencies.
- Provide consultation to the interdisciplinary healthcare team regarding the impact of psychosocial factors on the patient's health and illness.
- Provide education and referrals regarding community resources to patients.
- Maintain complete and timely documentation in the medical record regarding patient interventions.
- Develop and maintain awareness of the PASSR process as it pertains to extended care facility placement.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of insurance criteria for services related to discharge, including Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage plans, and managed care plans.
- Applicant must be a licensed social work or licensed independent social worker in the state of Ohio.
- Maintain discretion, provide counseling in emotionally-charged situations, utilize wide variety of professionals, communicates orally and in written form, use modern technology.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors protected by law.