POINT OF CARE TECHNICIAN
Under assessment and supervision of the Registered Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs patient care activities in order to assist health care providers in performing various technical /clinical procedures in the patient care area.
- Lifts, transfers, transport patients safely to an inpatient bed and to and from ancillary departments.
- Collect, label, and enter specimens obtained
- Performing one-to-one monitoring on all restrained, suicidal, combative and other high-risk patients when requested by RN or physician.
- Obtain vital signs and weights
- Appropriate documentation in electronic medical record
- Enters work orders in computer
- Stocks supplies at bedside
- Minimum requirement, high school diploma or GED.
- Read, write, and follow verbal or written instructions.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- STNA, NA or MA licensure preferred
- Obtain/maintain electronic medical record documentation skills
- Work independently and professionally
- Obtain/maintain 12 lead ECG testing proficiency
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors protected by law.