Senior iOS Developer – Design Systems
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior iOS Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You’ll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
It takes a curated team to pack the entire Audible library into the palm of your hand, but we make it happen seamlessly, for millions of people across the world. The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. We work ceaselessly to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion and uncompromising user focus.
You feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you, each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support our listeners. If you’re looking to build on your skills and grow into a leader, this is your next step. We look for people who take responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a talented team by your side, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Audible.
As a Senior iOS Developer, you will...
· Design, develop, and test software components and applications for the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the world.
· Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components and influencing team decisions.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
· Use technology to solve difficult problems. Define a design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them.
· Independently clarify technical requirements, assessing development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches.
· Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 3+ years of experience in developing for Apple platforms.
· Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· Experience in Agile development.
· Passion for creating great user experiences through good design
· 1+ year experience in SwiftUI.
· Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
· Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
· Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.