STV is a multi-discipline engineering/architectural consulting and construction management company performing over $300 million in revenue annually. Our award winning portfolio within the Transportation + Infrastructure Division includes engineering and architectural assignments within the Federal, Educational, Institutional, Justice and Environmental market sectors. Our staff is comprised of structural, rail, transportation, civil engineers and architects, planners and programmers, amongst others.
From locations throughout the United States, STV has over 2,000 professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional, commercial and industrial markets.
We currently have an immediate opening in our Newark, NJ office for a Geotechnical Engineer in our Transportation & Infrastructure Division.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning of geotechnical subsurface exploration programs, including coordination with subcontractors..
- Performing geotechnical engineering studies and analyses for design and construction of roads, railroads, bridges, pipelines, water and sewage systems, and building structures and facilities, including basic seismic analysis.
- Preparing geotechnical data reports, geotechnical foundation reports, geotechnical baseline reports, etc.
- Developing details and specifications relating to earthwork and foundation items, field verification testing, geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, ground improvement, and support of excavation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer License in NY and/or NJ is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD, APILE LPILE, GROUP, settlement analysis (Settle3D), slope stability analysis (SLIDE, GTStabl), and seepage analysis (SEEP-W) software packages
- A minimum of 5 years of geotechnical engineering experience with broad knowledge and experience in transportation, buildings, and facilities.
- A minimum of one-year experience performing boring inspection is required.