Business Transformation Project Manager
AeroFarms is seeking a Business Transformation Project Manager!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Heres how were growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way thats better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
The Business Transformation Project Manager partners with key stakeholders to lead the delivery of high priority, cross-functional initiatives. Projects may include implementation of new systems and processes spanning multiple teams and locations. This position is part the Business Transformation team and is central to implementing critical systems and processes that help AeroFarms scale its business. The successful candidate is comfortable wearing multiple hats and functions with equal comfort as project manager, functional consultant, and trusted advisor. This is a highly collaborative role will proactively work with key stakeholders and external partners in the delivery of key project outcomes that support AeroFarms mission.
- Project manage high priority, cross-functional projects across AeroFarms driving all phases from inception through delivery
- Work closely key stakeholders to understand and prioritize requirements
- Create required documentation of requirements and outputs for review and sign-off
- Own written and verbal status reporting for projects/programs under management
- Act as a functional consultant by supporting project delivery through outside research, developing analyses, and aligning stakeholders on the path forward
- Establish and manage project budgets
- 5-7 years of experience in management consulting, strategy and operations, or related experience; experience at an early-stage or high-growth company a plus
- Bachelors degree minimum
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects involving system and process change
- Experience with disciplined approaches for project planning/management and budgeting
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively with strong attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and able to tell effective, data- driven stories
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving
- Resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to see the bigger picture but dive into the details to become the expert in new technologies and processes You may also have: Project management certification Experience in industries that involving R&D projects, manufacturing, food, and/or agriculture A passion for tinkering with technology and learning new things Experience with using ERP systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV a plus
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Project planning software (Smartsheets, MS Project). Enterprise Resource Planning software, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200+ employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we dont micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!