Senior Research Scientist - DMPK
QPS, LLC is an innovative and dynamic Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has been assisting pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies with their drug development efforts by providing a full range of GLP-compliant bioanalysis, DMPK, and protein/genomic biomarker services since 1995. Please visit our website (www.qps.com) for more information and to see all current openings.
We are seeking an experienced DMPK scientist to join the Biotransformation unit of QPS’ DMPK department. Leading the development of new in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies and technologies, and implementing process improvements, this role is pivotal in maintaining QPS’ reputation in the ADME field.
- Conduct structural elucidation for in vitro or in vivo metabolites in various biological matrices and propose metabolite structures and metabolic pathways.
- Develop methods using flow-through radiochemical detector (FRD) in-line with LC/MS.
- Develop methods for metabolite isolation, separation and/or purification from the biological matrices.
- Operate the following instrumentation: UPLC, HPLC, High resolution mass spec, flow-through radiochemical detector.
- Participate in client communication and project management.
- Evaluate new technology to enhance research capability at QPS.
- Participate in company R&D efforts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP regulations.
- Experience in structure elucidation of metabolites and propose reaction paths.
- Hands on experience in LC-MS/MS both low and high resolution MS.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
The successful candidate will hold an advanced degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related scientific discipline as follows:
- Ph.D. degree with ≥ 3 years relevant experience
QPS, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job applicants and present employees are evaluated solely on ability, experience, and the requirements of the job. In addition, QPS, LLC is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.