Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years' experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
- Install, administer, and support the corporate Teamcenter PLM system for all departments.
- Develop and customize Teamcenter application in 4-tier environment, including customization of Active Workspace.
- Design, develop, and support solutions and configurations that integrate Teamcenter with external systems.
- Provide daily support of the Teamcenter environment for corporate users, including troubleshooting both user and system technical issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze business requirements and architect solutions in Teamcenter UA 11.x and Active Workspace 4.1
- Deploy developed BMIDE solution in 4-tier environment and sync Active Workspace environment with new deployments
- Develop/modify both RAC and Active Workspace style sheets
- Customize Teamcenter using server side ITK Teamcenter APIs
- Configure and customize Teamcenter Active Workspace 4.1 or above
- Develop utilities to import Item and BOM from excel using either OOTB utilities or Custom Utilities
- Provide codeless customization/configuration of BMIDE, BOM, workflows, and access control
- Assist users with resolving issues, create new users in organization, and provide day to day production support activities along with helping users get up to speed on Active Workspace
- Troubleshoot Teamcenter technical issues at various levels such as installation, deployment, and configuration
- Collaborate with local and other locations team members in developing and executing Teamcenter solutions
- Minimum 10+ years of hands on experience with Siemens Teamcenter UA
- Deep understanding of Teamcenter 4-tier Architecture, pool server load balancer, deployments and OTW
- Extensive knowledge of major CAD integrations such as NX and SWIM
- Experience in TC server side (ITK), SOA , client-side, and Active Workspace customizations
- Working experience with Windows Server environments and Microsoft SQL Server Database to deploy Teamcenter on 4 Tier Environment
- Experience in managing Active workspace environment, SOLR ,indexing and visualization servers
- Experience in writing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using Teamcenter C/C+
• and JAVA APIs
- Ability to develop solutions that integrate Teamcenter with other external systems
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java & shell scripting Languages
- Working experience of Oracle Agile PLM a plus
Security: This position requires access to ITAR, EAR, and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident).
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.