The IT Senior Manager role is responsible for leading a global team and playing a leadership role in the automation governance process. This includes managing deployment of projects to streamline the period end process to support the Chief Accounting Officer and Controllership organization and prioritizing the workload of a global team, including the identification of business process improvement and automation opportunities, technical architecture, solution design, and business case development.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Work with the Chief Accounting Officer and the Controllership team to create a roadmap for the Period End Automation Initiative
- Be a part of the steering committee for the Period End Close Initiative to provide valuable insight to the CAO and controllership teams around strategy, governance and execution
- Collaborate with Global Finance Transformation Organization to ensure prioritization and delivery of a steady stream of projects with specific measurable objectives in line with the end state and vision of the CAO and Controllership
- Create automations for manual period end journals with custom solutions for integration with ERP, utilizing the cloud technology footprint at Logitech
- Identify the end-to-end workflow and dependencies for the Period End Close Process and map out automation opportunities along the entire process
- Work with Internal and External Audit teams to identify, automate and streamline the audit, testing, reconciliation processes and PBC evidences required during close and audit
- Enable systematic collaboration and interaction required between various teams during the period end process and enable interactive user interfaces with simplified and intuitive user experience
- Enable systematic audit trails for vouching and tracing capabilities with capability to collaborate, annotate and provide reasons for various decisions in the period end process
- Enable visibility into the annotations, reconciliations and period end data in the form of intuitive dashboards and reports
- Take on measurable targets from the Chief Accounting Officer and Controllership functions and deliver quarter over quarter improvements to the period end process
- Provide advanced analytics for the accounting and controllership functions to ensure visibility into the reasonableness and accuracy of estimates during period end close
- Enable automation of the Global Risk and Compliance function for all operational and control processes across multiple operational / transaction systems
- Work with the Planning and Reporting teams to provide advance insights into and forecasts for period end data during the close cycle for the CAO and Controllership teams
- Make the period end close a continuously integrated process so that tasks at the end of period are minimized and streamlined
- Create a repeatable process with architecture and design for replicating across multiple manual period end processes
- Manage global team of EPM experts to deliver automation solutions to the global accounting organization.
- Oversee project requirements definition and business process improvement design, and automation design activities.
- Develop and implement standard business case analysis methodology for consistent assessment of opportunities.
- Oversee solution design documentation, as may be required, to support development, project management, implementation, and training.
- Act as primary point of contact for business partners, owning project timelines, investment estimates, and ensuring solutions meet business partner needs.
- Play a key role in the governance process to help identify and prioritize automation opportunities.
- Schedule and conduct regular one-on-one check-ins with team members.
- Perform performance reviews as part of performance management process.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Finance Systems e.g., ERP/ Accounting systems, EPM/ Analytics/ Data related tools for finance
- Certified Oracle financial ERP consultant
- Experience working within Agile environments ideally Scrum Master qualified
- Experience with finance business processes, systems and applications of varying scope and complexity
- Proven project experience in leading teams within digital finance transformation Track record in leading/mentoring individuals on development and delivery disciplines
- An understanding of workflow-based logic; ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram or procedural documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills; able to effectively communicate and build relationships with end users, peers, management and third parties.
- Expert understanding of General Ledger and sub-ledgers and the financial close process
- Experience in automation of manual processes using out of the box and custom solutions
- Experience in Data Integration and Process Integration across multiple platforms including ERP and Data Warehouse
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, with a high ceiling for further growth
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project lead or project manager for ERP / EPM applications
- Experience with reviewing, interpreting, and analyzing financial data
- Experience as an Oracle EBS, Onestream functional resource
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment with competing priorities
Master’s in Business Administration or Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent industry expertise.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.