Operations Supervisors are the front line operating authority and are responsible for the day to day operations/activities in the warehouse. They provide supervision and direction to all operations and floor employees. They ensure that all operations schedules required by the customer are met 100% of the time.
- Responsible for day to day operations activities in the warehouse.
- Meet customer requirements; ensure productivity levels are reached in an effective and efficient manner and maintaining quality performance objectives.
- Provide supervision and direction to all operations and hourly employees.
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administrative activities, development/monitoring of KPI and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide on-site management and company representation to the customer.
- Create and implement cost savings through LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for operational progress and customer/employee relations.
- Responsible for staffing, training, and administering discipline.
- Enforce Collective Bargaining Agreement where applicable.
- Ensure safe and healthy workplace and address compliance issues, implement and maintain safety and compliance procedures.
- Complete daily reporting of operational/quality requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Essential Requirements
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/Transportation is preferred.
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in Transportation/Logistics and union environment is preferred.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to train, motivate, coach and counsel others.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with customers and employees.
- Exceptional problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, planning, and organizational skills are all required.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland