Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy's as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
Under the guidance and leadership of your VP Store Manager, the Backstage SWS manager will be responsible for leading the Backstage Store Within Store (SWS) team. You and your team will drive sales by creating a strong, customer-centric, fun and engaging culture. All Backstage activities related to selling, merchandising, store maintenance, expense management, asset protection and sales support functions are under your direction. The Backstage Manager will develop a team of associates through coaching, Follow up and recognition. Perform other duties as necessary.
- Direct merchandise placement and monthly trend set-up, plan and execute floor/fixture moves and presentation.
- Review business results and take appropriate action to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Execute all price changes, markdowns and signing; lead team and ensure accuracy.
- Establish that selling Team Members and Leads understand high level of merchandising expectations.
- Partner with the Receiving Manager/Lead to ensure incoming merchandise is processed to Backstage standards.
- Process RTVs, salvages and make and breaks in a timely manner.
- Drive sales by driving a customer-centric, fun and engaging culture.
- Manage physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards, safety and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood.
- Recruit a positive and engaging team of leads and team members.
- Ensure all team members receive appropriate training and onboarding
- Develop team of associates through coaching, follow-up and recognition.
- Celebrate and recognize individual and team success.
- Build a culture of recognition by executing Macy's Backstage recognition programs.
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer Responsibility Based Performance as needed.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards, deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop environment.
- Flex team members as necessary to provide appropriate coverage of cash wrap, dressing rooms, floor recovery, etc.
- Monitor checkout line to adjust staffing as necessary for line busting.
- Provide leadership in delivery of all division initiatives and clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team.
- Participate as necessary in store-wide meetings and events.
- Ensure two way communication with Macy's store and Backstage central leadership and teams.
- Ensure all company communications, policies and practices are in place.
- Create and execute grass-roots events to build awareness of the Backstage brand.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- A minimum of 3 years of retail management experience, off-price or specialty retail experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to understand key metrics including sales, profitability, shortage calculations and retail math.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- This position involves regular walking, sitting, standing for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based on department/store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life