Director, HR Business Partner
RMS is the world's leading catastrophe risk modeling company. RMS helps financial institutions and public agencies understand, quantify, and manage risk. More than 400 insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, corporations, governments, and other non-governmental organizations trust RMS models, technology, and services to better understand and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at RMS means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Director, HR Business Partner, who is an effective influencer, knowledgeable about the business, and whose impact and value is clear to the client group and HR org alike.
The successful HRBP will be able to function well in a high growth, fast paced environment. Comfortable with ambiguous situations, recognizing when it’s appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing the current output. The HRBP will possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build solid relationships based on trust. This role demands partnering closely with business leaders at all levels, HR leadership, and employees throughout the org to ensure talent capabilities drive and support our business objectives. The HRBP role will continue to evolve and change as the company grows and as the HR organization changes along with it to meet the business needs. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment and have fun while getting a lot of great work done.
- Understand the business and its challenges in order to help address the organization and people needs
- Assist with the change process as the company meets the challenges of hyper-growth and the need to scale
- Partner with other HR Business Partners and centers of excellence to ensure alignment and to create a strong, cross-functional team
- Partner with expertise centers to solve business problems and to executive on corporate-wide talent initiatives
- Deliver short-term solutions while also solving for long-term problems by addressing immediate challenges and underlying causes
- Assist in aligning HR strategy with business priorities to drive to results
- Improve manager capabilities through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Use data to measure success: learn, iterate, and improve; analyze trends and develop proactive actions to further support business objectives
- Communicate to a diverse population and be able to flex your style according to the audience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of HR experience, including both direct client support and management coaching experience as well as team development/management
- Experience supporting global sales or revenue-generating functions preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas, especially employee relations and change management
- Comfortable and thrive in an ambiguous, high growth, fast paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated credibility and integrity in communications to ensure information flows both upward and downward
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment and work independently
- Critical thinker with success in developing innovative solutions to business issues
- Ability to manage multiple complex issues and prioritize projects concurrently
- Ability to work at all levels of the HR “stack” - Strategic, operational, and tactical
- Ability to think strategically and implement strategy tactically
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing a cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data.