Minimum education and work experience required for position includes:
- 10+ years project management experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred or acceptance from PMI to attain PMP certificate within 90 days of hire or transfer.
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and its inherent responsibilities such as estimation, funding, development, QA, budget responsibilities, risk mitigation and project metrics. Proven ability and reputation to lead a project team from concept to completion within agreed schedule and budget.
- Customer Focus in delivering solutions. Ability to manage Stakeholder expectations.
- Previous and demonstrated experience with Software Development methodologies (RUP, Agile) within a project context.
- Knowledge and practical experience with project estimation methodologies.
- Basic understanding of project financials.
- Proven ability to multi-task and 'manage up' in a complex environment. Deliver results with changing priorities and ad hoc deliverables within tight timeframes utilizing individual contributions and within a team concept.
- Ability to understand the importance of following Governance processes; capturing and maintaining updated metrics for reporting within a project, resource and development tools. Ability to create, analyze and present comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Ability to present project status to various levels of personnel. Solid use of Microsoft Office applications to enhance project deliverables and attain results.
- Strong & proven positive leadership skills in words, actions, results. Lead and embrace change and operational efficiencies within the position and project team context.
- Ability to follow and execute directives of Manager(s); anticipating the needs of the manager and of the team. Provide solutions; own and execute.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate interpersonal or inter-team conflict sessions.
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits.
- Conscientious of team behavior and ability to contribute constructive feedback to Organizational managers for annual Performance Evaluations.