15Five is looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to help us manage and grow our world-class Engineering team.
As VP of Engineering, you will lead a team of 50+ engineers with a range of responsibilities from hiring, technical leadership, people management, and partnering with executives from both product management and design to deliver on business strategy. Our team more than tripled in size over the last year. The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience leading and managing a distributed team along with a consistent track record of success in organizations shipping complex B2B SaaS products at enterprise scale. Equally important, we are seeking candidates who authentically live and breath the15Five values and are inspired by our vision to unlock the potential of the global workforce.
Key Areas of Focus
- Engineering leadership, strategy and operations
- People management
Engineering Leadership, Strategy and Operations
- Ensure alignment of the technology organization with our CTO, VP of Product Management, and VP of Design.
- Collaborate with the CTO and Engineering Managers to set clear quarterly objectives to produce measurable results across all disciplines of your team.
- Identify and implement process and efficiency improvement opportunities across the product development cycle.
- Oversee roadmap and release estimation process across all squads and be an active participant in solution planning exercises.
- Define and support the creation and maintenance of comprehensive reporting dashboards to track key performance KPIs across the engineering team.
- Prepare reporting packs for the Senior Leadership Team and the board (quarterly) to clearly indicate the process and impact of the engineering team over time.
- Support and advocate for the engineering team culture, values and standards.
- Grow, lead and mentor a diverse, high-performing team that consistently deliver results within an agile development environment.
- Drive the success of others by enabling your team to self-organize to achieve predictable and sustainable high velocity.
- Lead a team of passionate engineers across the US and Europe whilst directly supporting Engineering Managers and Technical Leads.
- Create tailored personal development plans, collaborate on career objectives, provide performance feedback and create objectives with your team.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with your direct reports and be readily accessible for others within the Engineering team.
- Ensure all members of your team are engaged and excited about their work at 15Five.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of professional software development.
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience (overseeing Engineering Managers and with experience managing a remote workforce).
- Prior experience scaling a team 100+ team members.
- Experience working with teams across multiple national and international locations.
- Excellent technical abilities with strong business, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong track record of building and managing highly effective, cross-discipline squads.
- Passion for operational excellence and proven ability to build an Engineering team that delivers it.
- Comfort with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Skilled at distilling complex and ambiguous challenges into actionable and strategic plans.
- Belief that success is not accomplished alone and passion for ensuring the individual growth of each member of your team.
- Strong customer advocacy and empathy. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work towards enabling our customer’s success.
- Passion for building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing across all teams cross-functionally.
- Excitement towards 15Five's mission and vision.
15Five is a continuous performance management solution that not only guides employee growth and development, but empowers people to become their best selves. Through strategic weekly check-ins, managers can unlock the potential of employee performance through continuous feedback, OKR tracking, recognition, and 360° reviews. 15Five works with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use its solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.
How we work
Our people and culture