Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is a contemporary 17-story hotel perfectly situated on Lexington Avenue at the corner of 57th Street, steps from Central Park, Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdales while walking distance to Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art and many boutiques and restaurants. All major public transportation (bus and subway lines) are within a few blocks. The hotel offers 205 guestrooms (including 19 suites) which are tastefully appointed with modern décor and upscale amenities.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Lead and participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
- At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related management experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Stationary Engineer's license if required by local code.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Travel related to company business sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.