GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Customs Compliance Coordinator to join its team!
The Customs Compliance Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for US and International Customs clearance requirements. Responsibilities include completing tariff classification on apparel, accessory & footwear commodities. Monitoring shipments to ensure product is imported and shipped compliantly according to Customs regulations. Assisting with all Customs issues, problems and objectives in order to ensure company compliance at all levels.
- Complete seasonal tariff classification of footwear, apparel and accessory products according to the HTSUSA
- Assist with researching and interpreting CBP rulings and other guidelines for proper classification
- Maintain classification in ERP and ensure classifications have been provided to applicable parties for customs clearance and shipping
- Liaison with US and International Customs brokers to resolve clearance discrepancies on shipments
- Provide support to production on tariff engineering and duty rate details
- Support and participate on Customs issues and the variety of projects as they arise i.e. audits, carnet and hand carry process, reconciliation, duty drawback, etc.
- Experience in the footwear and/or apparel industry preferred
- Experience in the import logistics field
- Must have knowledge of the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule and assigning classifications
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and organize data
- Proficient in Excel and Word applications
- Must be able to set and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of AS400/ACS useful