Scope: Treatment Coordinator ensure patients begin treatment same day and/or leave well informed and prepared for their next appointment. This includes ensuring the patient understands their treatment plan, the benefits of treatment, insurance benefits, assisting with financial arrangements and coordination of appointments.
- Provide a motivational environment by encouraging and supporting team members and patients.
- Make use of Daily and monthly reporting to understand business needs and strive for excellence.
- Work with the provider to prepare and present treatment and financial estimates to patients for all prescribed treatment.
- Schedule patient treatment appointments during the time of treatment planning (time permitting).
- Follow up with patients that have pending treatment plans due to non-acceptance or incomplete treatment.
- Manage the doctor schedules to achieve optimal production and achievement of daily goals.
- Work clinical team to effectively manage daily patient flow and same day starts.
- Assist patient with coordination of benefits and financial arrangements.
- Identify all treatment requiring pre-authorization in the treatment plan at the time of treatment presentation.
- Handle all treatment paperwork including consent forms, policy forms and exit paperwork.
- Answer and return incoming calls from patients.
- Adhere to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
- Effectively manage employees and own time and workspace to accomplish individual and practice objectives.
- Oversee the overall treatment coordinator process of the office.
- Follow and demonstrate commitment to the policies, professional expectations, and Service Excellence Standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Focus on customer service.
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Clinical experience in a dental practice with knowledge of dental insurance and dental procedures is preferred; training or education in these areas will be considered.
- Motivating team player and leader.
- Proficient in basic computer applications with the ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrate ability to perform basic arithmetic to understand general ledger and insurance benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Dental software knowledge required.
- Preferred 1 year of dental experience.
- Thorough knowledge of PPO, Indemnity, HMO Insurance.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude ad providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team and lead up and down the chain of command.