Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,“ that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Entry Level Transportation Engineer to join our Civil / Transportation Group in our New York City office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
The individual will work as part of a team in all facets of transportation engineering including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage systems, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, development of maintenance and protection of traffic schemes, and preparation of contract plans for a variety of project types and clients.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in Transportation)
- 0-2 years experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using CADD (MicroStation or AutoCAD)
- Experience with InRoads or Civil 3D a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.