Technical Program Manager, AWS Security, AWS Vulnerability Management
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is seeking a passionate, innovative, results-oriented, self-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) who possess a unique balance of technical, security, and compliance depth, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, to join our Vulnerability Management Compliance Team. AWS Security is responsible for driving innovative enhancements that raise the bar for how AWS employees interact with resources, systems, and data. This team leads our vulnerability management compliance programs, dives deep into AWS security controls, optimizes workstreams, and drives innovative process changes across organizations to enable security at scale.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation, and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams within AWS Security, Service teams across AWS, and development teams on requirements and solutions to automate and scale the vulnerability management program as we assess the patching status of our infrastructure. You like to get inside your programs, understanding how things work, when to make subtle change, and when to disrupt the status quo to achieve the right results. You will drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to tackle vulnerability management challenges and implement new solutions.
You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Senior Leaders.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Computer Science (or related field)
· Minimum 3 years of experience in any combination of the following: assessing/documenting/developing IT architecture and systems, software development, IT security
· Minimum 3 years of experience in program management in a technical field, applying program management best practices and delivering quality releases on schedule
· Minimum 2 year of experience in vulnerability scanning solutions and vulnerability management
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals and high level design
· Experience in developing automated tooling in support of security controls
· Experience supporting information security control audits (e.g. NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC)
· Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency
· Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
· 3+ years of experience with software development life-cycle from conception to delivery
· Experience with cloud computing services/deployment architecture
· Experience leading highly technical and non-technical project teams
· Leveraging or generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline, and relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CISA/M, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT, PMP)
· Experience working with technology and security leadership to articulate security and or compliance strategies and plans
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.