Technical Program Manager, Amazon Marketing Cloud - Applications
****Roles available in New York, Toronto, Boulder, and Seattle. Apply to any open listing and location can be resolved later.****
Do you want to solve multi-billion dollar business challenges by building innovative technology leveraging Amazon Ads and Amazon Web Services infrastructure? Does being the founding technical owner of a cutting-edge, highly scalable AdTech platform excite you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive team environment that is obsessed with customers? If so, then the Amazon Marketing Cloud - Applications team may be a great fit for you.
The problems the Amazon Marketing Cloud Applications team are tackling are big, audacious and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our mission is to bring Amazon Ads and Amazon Web
Services together in ways that elegantly solve advertiser challenges and make life easier for the Chief Marketing Officers of all sizes of businesses. We believe that there are great outcomes to be had for both Customers and Amazon by unlocking the power of AWS hosted data through Amazon Marketing Cloud and Amazon Ads. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey – we’re looking for someone excited by the idea creating new platforms and features from scratch in Native AWS while managing highly ambiguous environments at the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
A Technical Program Manager (TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, Product Managers and senior management to help build Advertising and Marketing applications. We're looking for an individual passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical and communication abilities and a drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
About the team
The AMC Applications team will be a great fit for you if you’re looking for a space that is as technical as it is uncharted - our infrastructure needs to be built from the ground up and we need help not only dreaming it but also making it a reality. Our short-term focus is in identifying and building native AWS infrastructure and applications to make advertiser’s lives easier - from the CMO to the day to day practitioner. This means that not only will there be opportunity to dive deep into technical matters, zoom out to participate in design decisions and overall strategy, but also ample choice in variety; as soon as we ship one application we’ll be moving on to another to solve problems for a different persona. Maximizing customer delight will be our main guiding principle and so meeting with customers early and often to ensure all solutions solve the right problems, in the right way, is a core expectation for each member of AMC Applications.
The team will be guided by the following tenets:
* *Security & Privacy Over Innovation*: We are proactive in implementing solutions that protect our customer’s privacy and data while leveraging Amazon’s assets to create a compelling product.
* *Ruthlessly Focus on Customer Experience:* We use customer experience as the top priority when designing, building, and operating our solutions. We believe that making low friction products that delight, through an emphasis on self-service and automation, is the primary value that we can add for customers.
* *Generic Over Custom:* We want to build reusable, scalable applications and will let maximum modularity be our guiding principle when designing our solutions. Where possible, we will avoid brittle and custom in favor of generic and flexible.
- Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
* Adept at getting things done in a startup environment with lots of ambiguity but also lots of opportunity
* Exceptional program management skills and attention to detail
* Ability to inspire teams to work on not just what’s urgent, but what’s most important
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically
* Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure applications are delivered for long term success
* Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
* Partner as a technical liaison between product and engineering teams
* Experience with advertising technology
* Experience working with stakeholders in a matrix organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.