NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
The summer program covers a minimum of 8 weeks, from Monday, June 8, 2020 through Friday, July 31, 2020. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work up to two weeks past the official end date. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work. Neither housing nor relocation assistance is provided for Summer Internship Program Participants.
Applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, January 26th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. No exceptions will be made for those who miss the application deadline.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Football Technology team is responsible for two primary areas of Football Technology: collection of Game Statistics during NFL games (Play by Play and Fantasy-type Stats), and the production of the NFL Game Schedule every year. There are a lot of components that go into those two broad categories. It is an exciting space and group to work with.
The Summer IT – Football Technology Intern's capabilities in one or more software development opportunities may relate to the following roles & responsibilities throughout the summer:
- Game Statistics
- NFL Game Schedule
- College Statistics
- Player Playtime
- .NET Development Experience (C#, SQL Server, .NET Core, ASP.NET)
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services is a plus
- A passion for working in sports
- Highly organized and motivated
- Rising Undergraduate Senior, graduating either Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021
- Must have completed a minimum of three years in an accredited four-year college/university degree program
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0. Academic transcripts (official or unofficial) will be requested
- Some prior internship and/or work experience is preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship
- Completion of this application assumes eligibility to work in the United States