The potential for error is high in an
environment where speed is critical. Companies looking for local and global
deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny
regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence,
it's the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right
As a Transaction Support Senior you'll be involved in the action. You'll
work with many of the world's largest organizations, fastest-growing companies
and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You'll be part of
our team advising clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to
increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You'll be working in a team environment with financial
due diligence professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors.
Our team works to understand the client's business profit drivers and trends,
as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase
agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior in Transaction Support you will be a vital
member of the team executing financial diligence project work. You'll be
focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the
performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast
assumptions with team management, and helping to write reports that set out our
findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a
transaction. You will also be helping develop staff ensuring their career
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquiredor sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews withmanagement.
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching industry trends andtechnologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirementsto provide knowledge and insight to clients.To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 3 years of related workexperience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related workexperience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Public accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex datainto meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills toadapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to developlong-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice. Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in audit and/or mergers or acquisitionstransactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional servicesorganization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry. What we look forâ¯We're interested in talented professionals with theability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them- often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurialspirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is foryou.â¯What working at EY offersâ¯We offerâ¯aâ¯competitiveâ¯compensationâ¯package whereyouâll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value youbring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medicaland dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paidtime off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefitsdesigned to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, weoffer:
- Support andâ¯coachingâ¯from some of the mostengaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills andprogress your career
- The freedom andâ¯flexibilityâ¯to handle yourrole in a way thatâs right for youAbout EY â¯As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction andadvisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in theirfield to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture thatbelieves in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to makethings better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet thecriteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.