Everi is currently seeking a Network & Systems Specialist for our Schenectady, NY office near Albany!
- 1st Shift 12 am - 10 am (4 days per week)
- 8% Shift Differential
- Includes rotational every other weekend work.
- Must be able to train 2-3 months Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm
- Provides phone and email support to customers and escalates pertinent issues to development and management as appropriate per documented procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and manages relationships with external customers (as well as field service) through daily follow up on trouble tickets still residing in an Open, Pending, and/or Resolved state.
- Provides technical support and problem determination/ resolution when required to assist customers with timely resolution of complex technical issues.
- Ensures support calls and issues are handled in accordance with standard procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Uses monitoring tools and applications to ensure operational efficiency for all customers in the Production environment.
- Follows the life cycle of hot issue tickets that require development work, from creation of ticket to deployment of final resolution, and maintains a documented timeline of events for upper management reporting.
- Acts as the liaison between Technology SMEs and customers to communicate status of open issues and corrective action plans.
- Utilizes customer feedback to identify opportunities to continuously improve customer experience and drives efficiency in the delivery.
- Ensures operational and technical issues are escalated to internal SMEs and communicated to the management team in accordance with Incident Management Policy guidelines.
- Actively pursues training opportunities including attending mandated NOC training meetings.
- Performs analysis and executes scripted tasks using Microsoft SQL Server Tools.
- Contributes to and maintain a knowledge base library of known solutions to common issues.
- Records all support calls and tasks in ticketing system (Salesforce).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years' experience in a help desk / technical support environment with intermediate networking, PC, and products knowledge.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and vehicle for travel when required (Minimal).
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 required.
- Intermediate knowledge of server hardware and peripherals required.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking devices: Cisco switches and routers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Technical Certifications preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with HP ILO a plus.
- Knowledge of enterprise-class tape libraries a plus.
- Knowledge of VMware, UPSs, SolarWinds, and Splunk a plus.
Everi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic or class protected by federal, state, or local law.
For All External Staffing Agencies
Everi does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Everi employee for review without proper approval. Everi is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.