BNY Mellon Asset Servicing provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
This position is part of an Asset Servicing to grow our Custody technology. This investment will position Custody to initiate a target state architecture that supports all elements of Custody by building modern distributed applications over our existing technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 to 7 years of experience in software development required. Deep understanding of full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with complex system integration projects.
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, J2EE Design Patterns, REST services
- Strong Knowledge of SQL, JDBC, Unix commands
- Hands-on Database experience in relational (Oracle/DB2) and No-SQL (MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience in caching frameworks – Redis / Hazelcast
- Hands-on experience on working / deploying application on Cloud
- Hands-on experience in code testing tools like Junit / Mockito / Cucumber
- Deployment Acquaintance in Apache Tomcat
- Expertise in Test driven development (Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Build tool (Maven) and Version Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work well independently.
- Experience working with business analysts, database administrators, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
- Knowledge on SWIFT message types is a plus.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.