Software Integration Engineer
Broadway Technology is a software company that builds and sells high-performance distributed systems that make the business of trading and transacting money (and other financial assets) easier, faster, safer, and smarter for everyone involved. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible. As pioneers within our industry, we hire top talent and strive to build the next generation of thought leaders.
Help us push the technological envelope
Broadway is seeking a Software Integration Engineer to work directly with our customers to engineer Fixed Income trading solutions for the world’s largest financial institutions. We are an established but growing enterprise software company built by engineers. Our technology enables us to create, combine and extend large-scale, high-performance systems to compose new and uniquely intelligent trading workflows.
You will help customers (premier financial institutions) realize their goals through our technology solutions, working on long-term engagements from business analysis through to deployment, customer adoption, and ongoing customization. This dynamic role combines multi-stakeholder customer relationship management and hands-on engineering to deliver results for our customers. You will have the opportunity to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope and create transformative value for customers.
- Design, develop and release sophisticated applications for mission-critical, high performance distributed trading systems, taking hands-on ownership for ensuring the details are being handled to achieve the overall intended scope
- Interact with customer users (traders, developers, quants, technology, and business managers), building expertise in trading workflows and objectives in order to develop business and technical requirements for your engagement.
- Oversee multi-stakeholder customer relationships throughout the project lifecycle, developing trusted advisor status, managing expectations, and identifying areas for alignment on mutually beneficial new opportunities (ultimately serving as the tip of the spear for qualifying Broadway’s R&D initiatives)
- Customize Broadway’s highly configurable products to compose novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Extend system capabilities though implementing distributed system components in Python, C#, Java, and/or C++
- Experience solving problems in an enterprise real-time distributed system
- Understanding of software engineering principles with 3 or more years programming experience (expertise in Python, C#, Java, or C++ would be particularly good indicators) and/or extensive systems engineering experience
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Experience capturing business requirements and turning those requirements into technical deliverables a plus
- Front office capital markets knowledge and/or experience with financial software or trading a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Goal-oriented individual with a tremendous ownership mindset who can navigate and problem-solve independently through people, process, and technology challenges; transcends mere customer satisfaction and task completion to deliver true customer success
- Exceptional communicator – able to drive conversations and manage expectations with multiple teams within Broadway and with technical and business sponsors at our clients
- Highly curious about both business and technology strategies, processes, and objectives; pushes past a surface-level understanding to gain a granular command of a variety of different ecosystems, translating effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has approximately 90 employees worldwide with offices in Austin and London. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.