iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
As a Software Engineer at iboss, you’ll have the opportunity to work on multiple technologies. Our development scope extends from device specific driver, service, and communication protocols to cloud scalable connectivity and big data processing through third-party analytics tool integration and customer enterprise UI creation for security policy management. The pace is fast. The process is agile.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a core member of a rapidly growing software development team. There are many exciting projects on which to work. iboss software developers excel at solving tough problems, collaborating well, and working with customer teams to rapidly deploy solutions.
- Ability to design and develop clean and maintainable code
- Quickly understand and extend engineering architectural patterns
- Document engineering designs
- Analyze and estimate development efforts
- Deliver high quality code that has been thoroughly tested
- 1+ years of experience using Java technology stack and servlet containers
- Working knowledge of database technologies and SQL, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with OO design and design patterns
- Comfortable working on a Unix environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate, facilitate and advocate
- Experience with Tomcat and Spring
- Experience with single-page applications using frameworks such as AngularJS
- Knowledge of security, networking and handling of large datasets
- Ability to identify and resolve performance problems in code
- Experience building RESTful JSON APIs
- Health, Vision, Dental, Chiropractic - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and fun work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas