SDE III, SCOT
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using data mining, mathematical programming, and statistical analytics? Are you excited to apply cutting edge technologies such as machine learning, and big data analytics to real-world business problems? Have you ever wondered how Amazon manages its world-class Supply Chain? The Adaptive Capacity Control team in SCOT (Supply Chain Optimization Technology: would love to have you!
Our team owns the systems which are critical for managing inventory capacity in Amazon’s Supply Chain worldwide. These systems cover a broad range of solutions which includes front-ends, workflows, advanced mathematical models, data platform, Machine Learning built using latest technology frameworks and AWS. This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
As Software Development Engineer II (SDE II), you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams and own the architecture, development and operations of software components and services.
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. Senior engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing high-level architectural designs, and building and operating systems.
About the team
Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas that we are continuously improving, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, IPC is responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Amazon's needs.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Obsession for automating away the mundane
- Strong in system design and problem solving
- Great understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational of non-relational DBMS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Experience with system architecture/design
- Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.