Software Development Engineer AWS
Are you interested in building a new framework for the cost management experience? Our team is working on the complex architectural challenge to provide a scalable console platform that supports AWS’ expanding business. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and details of the data provided by our products. Our product has high visibility, high impact and is an essential resource for AWS customers of all sizes. See for more information.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience in building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As an engineer within Commerce Platform, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS. You will help us build next generation, responsive, single-page applications with front-end technologies like React, Redux, and TypeScript, with data provided from microservices built with AWS EC2, Lambda, and DynamoDB. You will work closely with software development engineers, UX designers, and product managers from conception through delivery of world-class customer experiences.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/”
Key job responsibilities
· Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of cost management experiences
· Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 3+ years of software development experience and a bachelor's or master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline.
· 3+ years experience in object-oriented design and development.
· 3+ years experience in distributed systems and web services design.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Experience with large scale distributed systems
· Experience and interest for software development tools and development process automation
· Experience developing using AWS technologies
· 7+ years of software development experience.
· Passion and eye for delivering high performing systems.
· Strong analytical abilities and design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.