About Everyday Health
Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 60 million health consumers and over 800,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare professionals and consumers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Everyday Health Group is a division of J2 Global Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), and is headquartered in New York City.
MedPage Today is searching for a Social Media Assistant to assist with the daily running and overall strategy for MedPage Today’s social media.
We’re looking for an energetic and curious person for this entry-level position. This person should be ready to join a small social media team (currently one person!) and learn how media outlets use social media to drive traffic and brand awareness. You will assist the Social Media Manager in the daily upkeep of several social media accounts and learn how to strategize, leverage, and inject fun into a brand’s social media presence. Fresh ideas are welcome and sought after!
You’ll have an interest in social media and a familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit (Meddit) and LinkedIn. You will create posts, interact with our audience, and join conversations on social media in real time. You will also liaise with writers to assist them with the medical specialty-specific twitter accounts they run, which includes covering medical society meetings. There will also be special projects, such as curating a hashtag list, promotion campaigns, and joining in on trends such as #Medicalvalentines.
MedPage is a quickly growing site with a readership that spans all kinds of healthcare professionals. We publish clinical news, opinions, and investigative features. We currently use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, along with a main Twitter account and several specialty-specific Twitter accounts. As the site grows, so do our social media needs. You will be joining our Social Media Manager to create a dynamic duo department to further our social media presence.
MedPage Today Editorial is a relatively small and closely knit group of about 30 people, with many remote employees who all pitch in together to deliver the news and other content to busy healthcare professionals, each and every day.
- Assist with the daily running of MedPage Today’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts:
- Assist with the creation of posts on the platforms.
- Reply to, and vet, messages on the platforms.
- Retweet thought leaders and respected medical groups.
- Join conversations on the platforms.
- Creating and curating an in-house list of hashtags.
- Creating and curating an in-house list of medical organizations and thought leaders that MedPage Today can follow and/or interact with
- Help writers with their twitter accounts, including the several specialty specific accounts in the MedPage Today brand.
- Organize facebook lives and twitter chats, along with the Social Media Manager
- Assist with the planning and honing of an overall social media strategy.
- Familiarity with social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, and emerging platforms
- Some familiarity with, and a strong interest in, health and health policy issues.
- A desire to learn about how media outlets use social media to drive traffic and brand awareness.
- Some editorial and/or writing experience preferred.
- Versatility, energy, and the ability to work well with colleagues.