Sr. Technical Program Manager - Amazon Publisher Services
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We provide services and advanced technologies to web, mobile app and advanced TV publishers of all sizes, including many of comScore’s global top 100, to help them monetize their content with demand from multiple programmatic buyers. Our server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
Our new Connections Marketplace(CxM) is an app-store like solution that automates integrations between our publisher customers and impactful Amazon and 3rd-party service providers in categories like Creative Quality, ID Solutions, Creative Formats, and Measurement - to improve publisher revenue and operations. We develop solutions that operate at internet scale and are used by multiple channels such as Web, Mobile, OTT and Audio devices. As pioneers in the industry, we constantly innovate and build solutions that have an impact on most of the known ad-supported internet and make it a better experience for everyone.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join APS Connections Marketplace team. You own the program to deliver new products and have end-to-end program ownership from planning, design, development, to adoption and iteration with the product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate wants to work on projects where they are inventing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. They challenge themselves and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. They know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. They are comfortable engaging in technical discussions with senior engineers. They want to create value and impact the direction of program and business - globally. If this is you, come make the internet better with us.
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN NEW YORK CITY OR AUSTIN, TX.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
· Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing features
· Work with the product management and engineering team to identify technical requirements, limitations, and bottlenecks
· Enhance our management systems and processes
· Find new ways to improve the efficiency and measurement of our products
· Meet with internal and external customers to understand future requirements of growth and adoption of APS
· 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
· Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
· Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
· Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
· MS or Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline
· Hands-on experience with advertising technologies like Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
· Knowledge of ad tech entities like DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Publishers, and Advertisers
· A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with agile software development
· A passion for mentorship
· Self-directed, flexible, goal-oriented and strong sense of ownership
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences