Jupiter helps communities and private enterprise worldwide better predict, plan for, and mitigate the impact of climate change—empowering them to be more resilient, agile, and effective in meeting the massive challenges climate change imposes.
We’re thought leaders in data, climate, and earth and ocean-system science; advanced technology; private business; and public policy. We offer climate risk modeling solutions that can save lives and mitigate the potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies.
We seek new colleagues—data scientists, physical scientists, software engineers, business professionals, and more—who share our passion, commitment to excellence and innovation, and collaboration. Together, we can help make the world a safer place for our generation, and those who come after us.
This position is in a fast-growing company created to meet the global demand for local climate and weather information to protect and develop assets, and to manage risk in operations. You will work with data scientists, physical scientists, and software engineers to implement, interpret, and scale hydrologic and hydraulic modeling capabilities globally, with an emphasis on urban areas. An exceptional scientific and technical staff, with experience in environmental modeling, impacts, and machine learning will be part of the team deploying models in an elastic computing environment.
- Play a leading role in laying down the foundation for code, infrastructure and pipelines for Jupiter’s ClimateScore™ Intelligence Platform
- Play a leading role in building and enhancing the platform, applications, apis, data intelligence and the scalability for our ClimateScore products across the globe
- Standardize AWS/Azure development, verification and continuous delivery for the next generation of platform and applications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help build a state-of-the-art location-based risk analytics platform and application stack
- Work closely with the design team & product management to create an application stack that can scale and be configured to deliver multiple applications
- Write production-level code for all layer of application stack
- Drive the direction of the product by being an early member of a growing team
- Practice TDD and help build guidelines for manageable software stack
- Build a reliable application platform that can scale horizontally over cloud
- Track record of building product in small, agile teams
- Expert in building application using micro services architecture or RESTful APIs, preferably hands on experience with Node, python mvc and grpc
- Hands on experience with React is a plus
- Ability to write production-level, modular/reusable code
- Experience and hands-on with TDD
- Experience using various DevOps/build tools (npm, GitHub, Travis, Jenkins)
- Master at debugging distributed applications
- Experience building on Mapbox or Google Maps is a plus
- Expertise in design patterns and code refactoring
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.