Intermedia Labs Inc. is the parent company behind HQ Trivia, Sports, Words, Tunes and After Dark. We are looking to add passionate and hard-working players to our dynamic team based in SoHo. We're focused on growing our network of live, interactive games played by millions of people around the world.
Intermedia Labs is looking for a product-focused Senior Android Engineer who can help us build out our next generation of features and shows. You will be leading a team of smart, driven developers who are creating technology at the forefront of its space. This is an ideal role if you have in-depth knowledge of Android development and love building a product that delights hundreds of thousands of users.
This role is based in our headquarters in SoHo, Manhattan and will report directly to our Vice President of Engineering, Benjamin Sheats.
THE ROLE 👩💻
- Lead the design, implementation, and release of new features from start to finish
- Collaborate with product design to create elegant, best in class user experiences
- Be comfortable supporting a complex production application used by millions
- Advocate and lead the implementation of Android platform best practices
- Provide design guidance and review for other members of the team
- Be a primary driver of the Android feature and technology roadmap
THE SKILLS 🤓
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent additional experience
- Experience leading and mentoring other Android engineers
- Proficiency with Java and the Android platform a must. Experience with Dagger, RxJava, and Retrofit a major plus
- Experience working with video also a plus (especially streaming tech)
THE PERKS 🍻
- Competitive compensation packages including a stake in the company.
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays and a flexible work schedule.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, FSA and disability.
- 401k from Slavic.
- Daily catered lunches and breakfast three times a week, including bagel Fridays.
- Fully stocked kitchen including nitro cold brew and kombucha on tap.
- A stylish office with ample sunlight in SoHo.
- Furry co-workers (read: pet-friendly office).
- Annual Citibike membership through Justworks.
- Regular team events, outings and happy hours.
- Bragging rights for beta-testing new games and industry recognition, like our 2019 Emmy-nomination.
- An incredibly smart and motivated team of doers and innovators.
Intermedia Labs Inc. operates in a niche space so we invite candidates to bring their A-game. Paragraphs explaining your interest in working at Intermedia Labs as well as playing HQ before your interview is encouraged.
We are an inclusive workplace and encourage those from diverse backgrounds to apply.