Sr. Software Development Engineer
Amazon Ads operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display/audio/video advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of devices (Kindles, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, mobile, Twitch, and more). We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, highly respected advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
The Core Infrastructure - Ad Server Corridor team (within Amazon Ads) serves as the core communication channel between campaign management and ad serving functions of Amazon Ads. We build and operate a world-wide stack of high throughput (millions of ads created/updated each day), big-data, high performance and low latency (measured in seconds) solutions that ingest, transform, store the ads data and then stream this data in real-time to ad serving functions within strict latency SLAs. We also build and operate UIs and APIs that help advertising team developers self-onboard/launch/manage their advertising programs/features on the ad serving functions.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be guiding a team of software development engineers in Ad Server Corridor team. In this role, you will also be the lead engineer of the world wide stack systems described above. You will be defining and driving the team to deliver on the technology roadmap. You will dive deep into the systems and gain deep technical expertise on not only back-edn APIs, Processing Pipelines, Big-Data Storage and Real-Time Streaming systems but also front-end and UI systems using Microfront ends architecture. All this at Amazon scale. You will directly work with our customers (ad serving system owners) and co-ordinate with them to deliver key projects with SVP+ level visibility in Amazon Ads. You will be working with the latest in the AWS repertoire of technologies and using them to continue to evolve the distribution stack.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in distributed systems architecture and design at scale
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or C#
- Experience in low latency/high throughput systems
- Prior experience/familiarity with big data, streaming systems and or micro-frontend based UIs
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related field
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- Experience in the advertising or search industries
- Experience implementing servers using Java or C++ in a Linux/Unix environment
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.