Sr Software Dev Engineer/Tech Lead
Interested in joining a team driving multiple initiatives, including a brand new Ads initiative to launch a game-changing Amazon Ads service. The initiative involves working on complex engineering, machine learning, and integrator and advertiser-experience problems, cutting across multiple programs. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and, now, we are responsible for defining and delivering a brand new set of self-service advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
As a Sr Dev Engineer/Tech Lead you will:
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Mentor, train, and ensure the engineering excellence across the team of up to 20 engineers
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Lead the design, get hands dirty and write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Drive innovation through proof of concepts to spin-off new initiatives.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Work effectively with product development and engineering teams across multiple geographies.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++ or C# including Object-Oriented design.
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
· Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry is a plus.
· Solid understanding of system performance and efficiency.
· Strong communication skills.
· Familiar with building applications with AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.