Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Senior Risk Control Consultant is accountable for conducting multi-line and / or specialty loss and operational analysis, assessing adherence to best practices, standards and regulations, and developing plans and/or utilizing existing plans and materials required to achieve successful implementation of complex risk improvement programs. This position reports into a Risk Control Manager or higher to ensure Sales, Service and Risk Control goals and objectives align. The Senior Risk Control Consultant has a direct impact on business outcomes such as new business origination, client retention, client satisfaction, enhancing Gallagher's value to our clients and prospects, achieving operating/margin targets and creating a culture of performance and continuous improvement.
The Senior Risk Control Consultant's Primary Areas of Focuses:
- Understanding and applying risk control service techniques
- Alignment with and in support of industry niche growth with relevant specialty skills
- Managing risk control service to clients
- Interfaces effectively with management, clients, account teams and partners
- Consistently demonstrate a high-level of focus for our Clients' business by ensuring risk improvement needs are addressed promptly and professionally, which contributes to GGB growth and retention goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of client business, risk and risk profile
- Access and deploy resources with focus on best in front – industry niche & subject matter experts, leveraging geographically appropriate team members, carrier resources and relevant 3rd party partners
- Establish project plans to achieve results appropriate for GGB revenue level and/or within budget
- Execute project plans with professional and consistent deliverables that demonstrate improvement through metrics in gaps and deficiencies with relevant stakeholder communication including quarterly / annual success stories.
- Validate and document improvement in Client Risk Profile via State of the Risk Report for underwriting community and Core 360 Stewardship Reports / Strategic Reviews.
- Contribute to Branch, Region and National growth strategy by integrating our CORE360 framework into Client interactions to differentiate Gallagher, retaining Clients, expanding existing accounts, making efficiency and cost effective service delivery part of our DNA and proactively managing renewals to take advantage of Gallagher products or services that deliver a high-quality risk solution for Clients. Active engagement and participation in Account Planning Services (APS), working groups and strategic reviews.
- Identification for client expectations and/or consultative solutions that our outside scope of existing revenue levels and partner with NRC leadership to propose services that can deliver additional revenue to GGB.
- Actively support NRC process and procedures, active engagement in APS process, utilize working groups, industry, subject matter and geographic team members, tools and resources to drive efficiency that allow you to manage an appropriately assigned workload while delivering consistent and high quality service to Clients.
- Embrace change, contribute to a positive environment of continuous improvement, team work and support the Gallagher Way. Actively participate in APS, working groups, sharing of knowledge, tools and resource and integration of NRC team members including early career and intern mentoring.
- Demonstrate subject matter and industry expertise through professional internal and industry publications, presentations and communications aligned with CORE360 framework, niche working groups and GGB Growth and Retention Strategy.
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
- The ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy
- The ability to learn and use advanced technology associated with job functions
- The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment
- The ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing, verbally or in person
- The ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods
- A willingness to pursue industry-related education and maintain active contacts and involvement in the industry
- A willingness to achieve ARM, CSP or ASP designations
- Moderate travel required, including some overnight travel
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience in safety and loss control required.
- Must have valid driver's license and dependable automobile transportation available
- Required to survey client properties; entails negotiating non-public access areas, climbing, lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Prefer degree in safety or science discipline.
- Able to effectively prioritize assignments.
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.