Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Asset Management Design & Construction (AMDC) department is responsible for capital improvements and development of all revenue generating assets NYCEDC maintains and/or operates. The Asset Management Portfolio includes but is not limited to various industrial and commercial facilities, cruise terminal/waterfront assets, and public markets across the five boroughs of New York City. The Department staff consists of professional Architects, Engineers and Planners.
Your Role: The Senior Project Manager (SPM) manages projects and the development process – capital planning, design, and construction – of multiple real estate assets that NYCEDC will subsequently maintain and/or operate. Project types include new construction and renovations, major infrastructure, and public open spaces.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages capital plans and annual expense budgets for NYCEDC’s portfolio of assets.
- Works in partnership with the Asset Management Portfolio Management (AMPM) team to ensure projects are aligned with policy and market/tenant needs
- Works in partnership the Asset Management Property Operations (PropOps) team to ensure alignment on operations and maintenance considerations
- Manages all phases of development from procurement of architecture, engineering and construction teams to existing conditions assessments, programming, feasibility studies, estimating and budgeting, schematic design through construction documentation, regulatory submissions and approvals, bidding, construction, and project close-out
- Maintains ongoing project scope, cost, and schedule controls, including project reporting
- Establishes and maintains record-keeping systems consistent with NYCEDC policy and need, including hard copies and electronic files of infrastructure asset conditions and surveys
- Delivers bespoke and forward-thinking design projects
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with various consultants, construction managers, the public, various organizations, and governmental agency partners
- Effectively manages a variety of work to required standards of quality, quantity, and timeliness
- Executes a risk-based management approach to project delivery which includes identifying project risk, forecasting project risk and appropriately mitigating project risk
- Leads and influences project teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Prioritizes work effectively
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of industry standards
- Maintains compliance with City procurement rules
- Contributes to the completion of projects and supports initiatives outside of Asset Management
- Interface with various departments at NYCEDC to ensure stakeholders are informed and/or consulted, the relevant expertise is brought to bear on each project, and necessary internal approvals obtained
- Communicates effectively and inclusively across all levels of the corporation
- Correctly interpret and apply NYCEDC policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
- Preferably holding professional registration or working towards professional registration (PE, RA, RIA, AICP, CUD, CCM, PMP)
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in architecture, construction, real estate development, owner’s representation, or a related field
- Proficiency and experience with construction, building management and maintenance software preferred
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and team player approach to project management
- Strong project management abilities
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills
- Ability to use standard Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, )
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to problem solving, to anticipate project issues and maintain project momentum and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Understanding of key financial terms
- Understanding of basic budgeting and cost analysis
- Valid driver's license
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.