Senior Project Manager
Dentsu creative is a collective of agencies at the forefront of culture and innovation. Formed in January of 2021, we are one of the most globally awarded teams across the Dentsu network. Composed of dentsuMB, 360i, and Isobar, amongst other notable agencies, we work with clients to provide solutions that meet people at every single point of their brand journey and are committed to upholding a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
As an integral part of the project management team the SPM is a leader on the Project Management team, responsible for maintaining cross-capability relationships, team management and development of PM resources in PM and Operational best practices. The position leads the execution of mid and high-level complexity projects, as well as participates in new business pitches. The SPM ensures all assigned tasks are delivered on time and budget, and according to internal processes and industry best practices. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and own timelines, budgets and scopes for full breadth of products and complexity
- Fully manage staffing and resourcing for brands, including Annual SOW
- Work closely with the Client Finance, Account Management and Production departments to ensure the weekly tracking and management of budgets, and flag any necessary changes in scope to the client
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in the management of tactical and new business work
- Lead cross-functional teams in the effective execution of integrated tactics, solving for issues within the project parameters using creative solutions
- Define, manage, and mitigate risks on projects, taking a proactive approach to solve any issues before they come up, or manage as they arise
- Develop appropriate financial structure for new or existing mid to high level complexity project or campaigns (for both project and retainer models)
- Determine with great accuracy financial forecasts and resource plans that map to those forecasts based on the agreed to scope of work
- Determine % completes for all projects - able to determine best course of action and recovery plans for at-risk projects
- Prepare an Engagement model that tracks online and offline activities, all integration points including outside vendors’
- Prepare financial rollups for monthly meetings with attention to project activity by account
- Prepare materials for write offs, investments, etc.
- Attend monthly financial meetings and actively participate in the reviews of annual/project staffing plans, with focus on assessment of current and projected resources
- Train junior staff on PM workflow, tools, templates and agency processes
- Proactively manage resource needs by driving conversations on current and upcoming needs with resource management and discipline leads
- Partner with resource management and department leads to determine the appropriate resource structure for different types of projects ultimately driving toward efficient teams
- Motivate and influences cross-functional teams to achieve the highest standards of execution and quality
- Bring new ideas and industry best practices recommendations for PM leadership consideration
- Master and effectively manage timely escalation processes
- Participate in the preparation of new business deliverables
- Manage and mentor junior team of 3-6
- Manage $5-10MM in business
- Must be client facing
- Master the duties outlined in the APM and PM roles and demonstrate expertise in managing integrated tactics
- Effective planning, organization, and time management skills and analysis/assessment capabilities
- Demonstrate capacity to understand dynamics of multi-discipline teams and resolve team-related issues that could impact deliverables
- Prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and deliver quality results
- Demonstrate core Project Management skills in organization, facilitation, attention to detail, negotiation, great interpersonal skills, and communication in keeping team members up to date on status of projects, and scheduling meetings
- Understand low, mid and high-level complexity project management and production process, and apply this when leading junior resources, as well as assisting PM leadership, with the management of concurrent work in and out of all phases of the project life-cycle, ensuring review and approval of all team members on each round of review
- Uphold quality control standards, ensuring milestone sign off from all departments as well as general circulation of approval from team members during routing cycle
- Champion all company and departmental processes and initiatives, including advocating and executing them, as well as assisting in ongoing process improvement
- Embody professional, proactive, and collaborative behavior that mirrors the 360i values
- Passionate about the discipline, the team, and the company
- Exceptional organizational skills and good presentation skills
- A strong work ethic that includes a “get the job done” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years PM experience in an integrated agency or relevant environment
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the “Company“) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.