Sr. Program Manager, Seller Growth & Development
The Seller Growth and Development Team is a growing business-tech team, focused on accelerating the growth of Sellers by providing tools and insights that enable them to make better and faster decisions at each step of selection management. Our Sellers are both small and large businesses, who rely on success in the Amazon marketplace for their livelihood, and who we treat as our Customers. We also make all of our solutions available to all sellers WW, so that our Sellers across the world have access to the best tools to accelerate their growth.
A Senior Program Manager on the team is a great opportunity to develop a program, helping Sellers grow their businesses on Amazon. You own the overall program strategy, and will work closely with business, product, design, and technology teams to deliver. You’ll use data and selling partner feedback to inform the evolution of the program, to measure impact, and to identify and remove selling partner and customer pain-points. You’ll work closely with stakeholders from various Amazon teams across the Consumer business to develop recommendations for Sellers.
Key job functions are:
- Developing a sustainable program strategy to complement a fast moving technical roadmap.
- Building a rhythm of business that supports the right strategic conversations at various levels, including business review ownership, voice of customer sessions, and stakeholder input forums.
- Building processes that scale on day 1 to thousands of customers, ASINs, and retail partners
- Performing in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading.
- Defining and delivering key metrics/goals, process compliance, on-time execution, and program launches.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- MBA or advanced education in a related field
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative experience, including experience with data tools such as Excel, SQL, and Tableau (as examples)
- Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and drive root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with business, legal, and technology teams
- Ability to influence through writing and debate
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.