SENIOR MERCHANDISE PLANNER
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
About this opportunity ….
The Senior Merchandise Planner is responsible for executing the strategic initiatives within their fast-growing division; while ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all plans, revisions and projects developed. Senior Merchandise Planner effectively analyzes dynamic, multi-dimensional plans including sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels. Partners with the Buying and Store Planning teams to identify national business opportunities and risks to sales and margin. Senior Merchandise Planner is responsible for leading, inspiring and developing their direct report.
- Responsible for developing seasonal business plans through partnership with Buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
- Develop Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
- Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
- Manage weekly OTB
- Performs independent analysis and recommends courses of action to drive profitable sales
- Collaborates closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Lead and inspire team. Builds environment that strengthens associates through training and development
Who you are …
- You have a minimum of 5 years' retail merchandise planning experience. Minimum of 3 years' experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting, and OTB
- You have a minimum of 2 years' of prior supervisory experience
- You have demonstrated decision-making abilities
- You have the ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
- You have the ability to lead and manage team
- You are highly proficient in Excel
- You are highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills
- You have strong retail math skills
- You have a thorough knowledge of planning systems, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
- You have a 4-year college degree (required)
Perks and Benefits of joining our team….
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.